Off and on since she was 16 months (she's almost 19 months) she's been having sleep issues. It waxes and wanes. But I can say that about 90% (at least) of the past 3 months she wakes at least 4 times a night. The first few times she'll fuss a minute or so and go back to sleep. But if she wakes at 5 something, you can pretty much count on her screaming off and on (more and more the later it gets) until you finally have had enough and go in. Usually I can hold off until after 7 simply because I don't want her day *too* far off schedule. On the mornings she's *really* peeved she'll throw her blanket out of the crib where she can't reach it just for added drama. I know some parents go in and pat baby's back or rock them, but these things don't work for Cady. I've learned by trial and error that the morning will be FAR worse if I open that door than if I just let her scream herself to pieces. I know if any neighbors can hear our monitor they probably think I neglect and abuse the poor thing. But ignoring her is all I know to do at this point.
I've been going to message boards and such doing research on this sleep regression. Some people say it only lasted 2-3 weeks for them. Others say it lasted for months. A couple even said it lasted until they turned 2!! 2??? Are you freaking kidding me? *sigh* Needless to say, my emotions have gone from "Give me more coffee" to very unmotherly thoughts to just throwing my hands up in the air and praying like I've never prayed before. I've now reached bottom where all I can do is lean on Him and let God guide me through. Help me to make the right choices and say the right things. Just to get us through this rough spot. I keep telling myself "This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass." But oh Bejeavus is this hard!
To brag on her pre-regression sleep. She *used* to sleep about 7:15 until 7 or later every day. Now I just pray I can get a shower in the mornings...
No comments:
Post a Comment