***Disclaimer-This is NOT at all an announcment.
When Justin and I took Cady for her 2 year checkup I noticed a flyer in the waiting area. It was for a study needing women who are TRYING for their second child or those early on in pregnancy with their second child. I went online to scope it out before e-mailing to inquire. I was instructed to do a phone screening first to see if I qualify and go from there. I passed the phone portion and was asked to come in person. I expected to go in and answer tons of health and history questions. But she pretty much just verified my information and gave me a tour of the facilities. Now, what is the study you ask? It is a study through the Arkansas Childrens Nutrition Center called "Glowing". For more information you can visit the website here.
In short, they want to look at mom and dad's genetics and lifestyle and see how the baby will be affected. Developmentally, physically, healthwise. All of it. I'm super excited because that means I'll get to do alot of the stuff they do on Biggest Loser and the other big weight loss shows. I'll get in the "pod" to measure my body composition. I'll do a resting metabolism thing to see my metabolism rate at rest. I'll also have to wear a house arrest looking anklet for 4 days after each visit so they can measure how much energy I put out. Food diary for 3 days before each visit. It's pretty indepth and I'm really pumped to learn more about my body and how to stay the healthiest possible. For each visit during pregnancy they pay $50. Once baby is born they "pay" you in Pampers for a year. Then for the child's second year of life they pay $100 per visit since they watch mother and child. So I guess technically I'll be visiting them for almost 3 years. I'll also have access to a nutrition coach that will assist me but not tell me what to eat and what not to eat.
My initial visit to get all my initial beginning measurements and such will be this next Tuesday. Not all visits will be "long" visits. But since this is a beginning visit I'll have to fast and the appointment can last up to 4 hours. So yeah, it'll be a long morning. But I'm still excited about it. An early morning driving to downtown LR while starving. Hmmm.
So if you're thinking about having #2 you might check them out. I was very impressed with the facilities and all that's going into it. But it's Children's, so I'm not really *that* surprised. ;) I'll update and let you all know how the first visit went.
No comments:
Post a Comment