Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life

***Disclaimer: After typing for a while I realized that this will be a MUCH longer post than I anticipated. So bear with me, if you dare.

It was my goal to jump right on my blog when I shut down facebook. Unfortunately, life happened so I've been way too preoccupied to put together any organized thoughts into a blog. A week ago Thursday and Friday night Cady had really rough nights. We had no clue what was wrong. Saturday afternoon she starts complaining about her ears hurting. The only plausible cause was swimmer's ear. Since we had to wait until Monday to take her to the doctor we figured we'd wait it out. Saturday night was almost normal. Sunday and Monday night were perfect. But Tuesday we noticed she wasn't really playing that much. We figured the previous days were from her ears. But Tuesday she should be fine and she wouldn't move from the couch. So we took her in to see the doc just to make sure. One ear perfectly clear. The other was slightly cloudy, but looked fine overall. So we go home to go about life. Up until this point she has ate perfectly fine. Very well actually. But at dinner she refused to eat. I was fine with that. Wouldn't be the first time she went to bed without dinner and she did fine before. We play outside a few minutes before bath time. Side note: I had noticed she's been getting the hiccups alot lately. Paired with the eating well and being tired, growth spurt maybe? Okay, back to the story. Come bath time I had just finished rinsing the soap out of her hair when the hiccups hit. Almost immediately, a small amount of food came with it. But with each hiccup came more until she couldn't take any more and lost ALL her lunch in the bathtub. First of all I found it very odd that she still had a stomach full from lunch. We clean her up, put her to bed, and she has a great night. Has a fabulous Wednesday at Grandma's and stays the night. We think all is behind us until Justin is giving her lunch today (Thursday) She does what Justin describes as a burp and up comes things she ate from yesterday. Not as much as Tuesday night, but a decent amount. So I call the doctor to see what might be going on. I'm pretty sure it's not a virus. Her poops have been fine. There's no blockage because she is pooping. He says to treat it like reflux and start cutting up an adult antacid and crush it up into a small amount of food everyday. So I guess we'll try that. I hate how reflux hasn't bothered her for a little over a year and now she's spitting out at completely random times it seems.

In other HAPPY news. Cady's room has now been converted to a big girl room. The side is off her crib and we added a safety rail. We moved the furniture around and it "feels" so much more cozy in there now. She did wonderfully today with sleeping in her "new" bed. Hopefully she keeps it up.

That's all for now. Sorry so long of a post. I have other things I want to post about when I have the time to organize my thoughts. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment