Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween

I just realized last night that I haven't blogged at all about Halloween night. This year was the first year we took Cady out. Her first year she was just 4 months old. Last year we planned to take her trick or treating and the stomach bug hit. She hadn't been fever/symptom free for 24 hours yet so I had kept her at home so as to not spread the illness. Sidenote: I'd appreciate it if other parents took this approach as well.

But this year we were taking Cady door to door as we should. :)  Her grandma bought her a Razorback cheerleader outfit. With her pony tail, that she actually left alone, she looked so grown up. Which she is. I just can't believe it. She's gradually turning into a kid and is less and less of a toddler.  We only stayed out 45 minutes. But it went from daylight and temperate to dark and cold in no time. In the beginning she was hesitant going up to the doors. But once we got to the very end, of course, she was running up to the doors. She couldn't quite get down saying "Trick or Treat," but we could usually get a "Thank you" out of her.



Visiting our dear friend Ms. Margaret

With Daddy. She wasn't a fan yet if you can't tell.





I figured it only fair that I let her have 1 piece of candy when we got home. She chose a tootsie pop. I also insisted she sit on the potty since we were out all that time in panties. The joys of potty training. :) I'm proud to report the potty chair has found it's way back into Cady's bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment