Thursday, September 22, 2011

15 Month Check-up

So here we are in the middle of toddlerhood. Complete with wacky sleep patterns and emerging tantrums. Today was her check-up and shots. I tried to distract her with her brand new book, but she's too smart for that. After the first stick she could care less about her new book and by the third, and last, she was heartbroken I could do such a thing to her. But as usual, she bounced back by the time we left the office. Here's the breakdown:

Stats:
Weight 21# 5.5 oz.   (25th percentile baby!!!!)
Height 30 inches (Short like Momma)

Developments:
She can say "baby" (thanks David and Autumn!), "shoes", and occasionally she'll say "bye". We're going to start giving the spoon a shot and see if she can figure it out. I bought a potty chair this week to get her used to seeing it around. But I won't by any means be pressuring her just yet.

Morning Nap:
*sigh*  This is a tough one. I had decided to start a few months ago just letting her sleep until she woke on her own. Unless of course it's afternoon and I want her to go to bed at a decent time. Here lately her sleep has been completely out of wack. Sporadic waking at night, refusing one or both naps. On a good day she would at least sleep 2 hours or more in the morning. After researching what methods others have tried, what age, and why they made their decisions, I decided to try the cold turkey approach and see how she handled it. Long story short, not ready. Yesterday was literally a day from hell and went on throughout the night. She's also developed a sniffle that is making her not feel 100%. After talking to the ped this morning, I've decided to just make minor adjustments to her schedule. Instead of putting her down at 10 and letting her sleep as long as she wants, I'll put her down at 10:15 and get her up at 11:30 (her original lunch time) whether she's awake or asleep. This way her morning nap is shorter than usual and we keep her on a normal eating schedule. I have a feeling I've been feeding her at too different frequencies that it might have her system out of wack as well. So we'll see how this approach goes. I hate to wake her up, but since I know we're in the phasing out period and it should help her rest better in the long run, I'll give it a shot.

That's all for now. I'll keep you guys posted on the nap dilemma. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment