This morning we got up, fed Cady, made ourselves presentable, and gathered just a few things to make our way to our first pumpkin patch. We were all way excited. Well, Justin and I were. But I think we all had lots of fun. We got there about 30 minutes before the rest of our friends so we let Cady run around the play area. She loved running through the tent area where all the pumpkins were scattered. Much to my excitement they had fair food for lunch. I chose a jumbo hand dipped corn dog. With a side of DP of course. :) I just wish I had been able to get a funnel cake also. My favorite part was riding the hayride out to the pumpkin patch and hand picking our own pumpkin. It was just so neat being out in the middle of a field full of pumpkins ripe on the vine. I wish I had gotten pictures of the blooms that form before the pumpkin. They were BEAUTIFUL! I do believe we have started our own little family tradition. I'm often jealous of all the fall festivities our friends Laura and Kyle have access to up there in Baston. So it's nice to have a taste of fall fun down here.
My idea is to turn it sideways and find a witch's hat to put on top. Then just make eyes and a mouth. :) It would have been perfect had we found a green one with the warty looking spots on it. But I'm excited. It might have to sit out for longer than Halloween seeing that it's only a week away!
Love it! Isn't it great? Taking kids to do that kind of stuff? Great pic too - she's getting so big! Unreal.
ReplyDelete