Monday, June 25, 2012

Potty Training - Round 1

Cady has had all the signs of potty training readiness for several months now. She was alerting us to her wet/dirty diapers for a while. So we decided to take the plunge and go all out with panties, except during sleep times of course. Here's how it went.

Week 1: The week started with a 1-13 record and ended with a 5-7. This was of course the most challenging week since we were starting out. I could tell Cady learned alot about herself and how to start holding. We started her out at 30 minute intervals going potty. By the end of the week we were doing 45ish.

Week 2: She started on Monday with 9-7 and got as far as a 7-2. We ended the week with a trip to Camden, so our weekend results aren't that reliable. More accidents, but that's expected when you're in a new place or riding in the car for hours. She's definitely looking up. Holding it on purpose. She's able to wait an hour and over.

Week 3: Day 15 was our first dry day! Completely accident free! Then day 16 came with 7 accidents. Day 17 was at the lake in my in-laws camper so we just kept her in a pullup all day but still keeping on a potty schedule. If she had any accidents this day I didn't document them. I know she pooped her pullup. But she did tell us in the car she needed to go pee. We just so HAPPENED to be right by a gas station so we stopped. They were shutting down but allowed us to take her potty and she went pee pee. :)  Day 18 she only had 1 wet accident and 1 poop accident. She also initiated a poop in the potty this day. Day 19 she dampened her shorts and then finished in the potty. She also went for me in Walmart. She had one poop accident and a full on pee under the table. Ewww. Day 20 we spent in North Little Rock. She shared some of Daddy's smoothie and it was all down hill from there. Accidents and extreme hyperness. :P Declared defeat. We'll do pull ups Monday.

Week 4: She's in panties. I couldn't bear the thought of undoing all our progress. This week she started backsliding. Not completely, but it was a draining week. Then midweek she came down with fever and the beginnings of a cold so we put her in a pullup so that we could pump her full of water to help get her feeling better.

Week 5: She was still sick and I was at Bible School all week. So her potty training has dropped significantly.  Then I came down with her cold by end of the week. Then we ended this week with a birthday party and a trip to Texas.

She was really improving and doing beautifully until sickness and other life craziness hit. I figure we'll try again here in a few weeks with straight panties and see how she does. I have learned that she's more likely to hold it when she's in the White Cloud training pants. The Pampers Easy Ups are too absorbant. Comfy yes, but she'll pee in it all day long compared to the White Cloud. I've read that if the child is defiant on going potty to not push it. Well, my child had gotten to where she was defiant with even a diaper change. So if she's going to be defiant regardless, we're going to start teaching her what our expectations are. We aren't being harsh on her by any means.  But with turning 2, we're learning we're having to be more firm with all instructions and discipline. I'll keep you posted as our adventures in potty training continue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment