Saturday, May 4, 2013

Feel Your Boobies!

This year I turned 30. I always expected to start doing my mammograms at 30 since Mom was so young when she was diagnosed, but my doc says I'm better off waiting until I'm 35 or older since the breasts are still so dense at this age and harder to read on the mammos. After he told me this I was even more determined and motivated to do my monthly self exams. Mom was 36 when she was diagnosed and 40 when she died. This was *so* young. More time has elapsed since I graduated high school than how long I have until 40! So I'm almost all too eager to check each month now. Ladies, I can't stress enough how important it is to do these EVERY MONTH. I know I'll make some of you blush at this, but indulge your man for a moment and let him feel too. I've heard a story before where the husband actually felt the lump before she did. I've had the talk with Justin many times that if I EVER receive a diagnosis, I want them gone. Both of them! I can always get new boobs. But I can't guarantee a future with my family if I keep them. I know mom regretted not having them removed. By the time she wanted the mastectomy it was too late. The cancer was too far spread and surgery wasn't an option. Take care of yourselves ladies. Life is too short. We aren't guaranteed our good health forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment