When we first brought Addison home I thought this day would never come. But we have survived the newborn period!!!!! Technically she won't be 3 months until Tuesday, but close enough. She is currently 12 lbs and 3 oz. and 23.6 inches long.
Development
She tries so desperately to sit up. She wants to be in the action at all times. She's a strong little booger too. We had the stop the swaddle early because of busting out. Even in the swaddle she was all over her crib from the time she moved into it, which was before 1 month old.
Eating
She is down to 5 bottles a day. Mostly 6 ounces per bottle. Still using a slow flow, but this week we're going to give medium flow another shot. I'm also going to try doing 6 ounces at all bottles except for the night time bottle. In another week or two I'll try giving her less at her 10:00 PM bottle to wean it out.
Sleeping
Her bed time is 7:30, which we have found by trial and error. Cady preferred 7:15 as a baby. I knew with time we would find Addison's preferrance as well. She eats one time during the night and then we get her up sometime between 7:30-8:00. She has 3 naps a day. Schedule is at the bottom.
Socially
She is so so so happy. And I'm very thankful for this. Cady was a very cranky baby. At the time I thought it was her reflux. It might have been part of the issue. But in retrospect I'm wondering if I was starving her well before it showed on the scales. Addison is all smiles most of the time. If she's having a day of little to no smiles or cranky, then you know it's sleep related and she just needs to catch up on her sleep. She seems to be pretty easy going. She just doesn't want to be held for too long. She prefers sitting up right now. Loves her bumbo!
Addison's Schedule at 3 months old
8:00A Wake up, diaper, dressed, 6 ounce bottle, play time (trying to get our AM walk back into habit.)
9:15A Nap
12:00P Wake, diaper, 6 ounce bottle, watch us eat lunch, play time
1:15P Nap
3:30P Wake, diaper, 5 1/2 ounce bottle, play time
5:00P Nap
6:30P Bath & Bouncy Seat
7:00P 5 1/2 ounce bottle
7:30P Bed
10:00P 5 ounce bottle
No comments:
Post a Comment