Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pre-School Weekend

Pardon me while I try to type this without my eyes crossing. The past two mornings I have been waking up before the sun and unable to get back to sleep. Add this to the fact Cady has been a pill all week and started a runny nose last night (we think a stealth cold was to blame for her behavior all week) and we had a busy weekend, I am ex.haust.ed.

 Saturday morning was rainy starting out, but we were determined to get out of the house and do something out of the ordinary. So we left out for the pond to feed the ducks. We were surprised to see some brand new ducklings. I was getting rather mad at the adults though for being mean to the babies so they could get the bread. Justin gave Cady a piece of bread and she wanted to hand it to the duck like she gives Sylar a treat. Of course it got her finger, but she never even whimpered. After that she threw the bread. I did not get a picture of this, but Cady enjoyed it I think.

Then we went to the football field. Nobody was there so we had the run of the stadium. We took Justin's football, Cady's fabric softball, and her little $1 bouncy ball from Wal-mart. What does she do first thing? Takes off around the track. At first she's just trekking along. Then she notices the green triangles in the lanes. So then it was her goal to step on every.single.one. Then she came to the home bleachers and wanted to run down the length of those. Then I coaxed her out onto the field to kick the ball. In between goldfish though, she really just wanted to run the track and the bleachers. We only stayed 45 minutes. At the time I thought she was just bored with no friends to play with. But since then I've wondered if she just didn't feel great and have the energy.

Sunday morning since Cady was still snotty we decided to keep her away from the kids at church and share her germs with the kids at Pinnacle. :)  We left the house about 9:00 and got there about 10:00. She played on the playground for a few minutes until I eyed the low key walking trail. So we walked it, played some more, took a potty break, played some more, and then we were all ready to eat. Even though Justin was familiar with the area, I had never been. So I really enjoyed visiting a new State Park and seeing the sites. But it's still on my bucket list to hike the mountain. One of my favorite parts of living so close to Little Rock is being able to go to a place like this and be around people of all different nationalities. We saw Indians, Middle Easterns, Chinese, and probably others. There were alot of people out there. This was what I loved so much about visiting DC also. I love being around people of other cultures and it's not awkward, it's just the way it is. :)  Anyway, we had a picnic lunch. I think we all were satisfied. Even the squirrels. After coming home, Cady just cried and cried. Partly because she was exhausted, and partly because she wanted to go back. She didn't want to come home. Sidenote: Cady stayed dry from 10:50ish until we took her potty at 12:35ish. Then she pee peed in the potty for us. We were super happy, but for whatever reason she won't pee even in a pullup as long as she's in the carseat. End sidenote.

Now we recover, shower, and then go to a baby shower at church. Tootles.


Playing with her hot wheels.
Walking with Sylar.



Playing ball with Daddy.
Running the field, but soon to be distracted by the bleachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment