Baby Stuff
Today was our second baby appointment. Lil bit is still going great. We finally have a due date window of March 15-17. I've always heard that things happen sooner with pregnancy #2, but dang! I'm already having to dig out maternity pants. I've actually lost half a pound since my first doctor's appointment so I know it's all baby pooch. And joints are already hurting me that shouldn't be bothering me for another 15 weeks. But I suppose I'll have to roll with the punches. I'll still relish this pregnancy like I did the first. Because for all we know this will be the last. We should find out the gender around Halloween. Current cravings? Milk, milk, milk. And bologna. I think I could drink a gallon of milk a day if we could afford it. And salads are still a hit too. Like they were with Cady. I make due with what I have at home, but secretely all I can think about is the salad bar at Larry's Pizza (love their ranch dressing), Pizza Hut (for the sunflower seeds), and Jason's Deli (for all of it). If I could combine all three I would be in salad HEAVEN!
Cady Stuff
Sleep - We moved the full size bed into Cady's room Saturday morning. That way she could get used to it during nap time. She's done great. For the last 6-12 months we've had issues with her fussing in her sleep early morning and waking up to an hour earlier than usual. I hope I don't jinx things, but since we've moved her, she's slept til after 7 two out of three mornings. And I haven't heard her fussing in her sleep since. She's such a mover in her sleep, I think the crib was hindering her getting good uninterrupted sleep. I'm glad she's taken to it because it was my goal to have her in a real bed by the time we visited Dad again since the pack and play was getting so snug.
Potty Training - Cady has, and always will be, a very independent child. I'm not sure if I'd label her as strong willed. But I've been at a loss as to what tricks to try for getting her excited about potty training. I had read to give her as many choices throughout the day as possible so that she still feels she has control over her life. So every opportunity I had I would give her two choices, both of which I have to be fine with of course. She still fought us on not just potty training, but just a diaper change in general. You'd think we were pulling off her fingernails just to get the child dry. Anyway, I decided to get back out her little potty seat (we normally just have the insert on the big toilet). I told her that she can go potty anytime she wants that we won't make her. But the catch is that we still have to change her pull up if she doesn't go in the potty. So now we just take her for a "change" and ask if she wants to sit on her own potty. 99% of the time she does. We've had more success with this, not a ton, but progress. I've even given her the option of whether she wears pants or not (just at home of course) and she loves it. So are we making long term progress? I don't know. But it's working for now. So we'll see where this leads us. With having so many changes lately I hate to try going diaper-less just yet. She's had problems with Justin returning to work and now I've thrown her in a new bed. Plus I'm watching my cousin's baby on Fridays now. So I think once the smoke clears we might try again. She definitely has the physical ability and the know how. It's just her stubbornness that is getting in the way. When I MADE her wear panties it was a battle to get consistency. But this time I think I'll give her the option of wearing a pullup and see where that takes us. If it goes well then we'll give her the option of panties. Hopefully she doesn't outgrow these we bought a few months ago.
That's all for now. Sorry so long. I had no idea I had this much to talk about. Tata.
No comments:
Post a Comment