I've had a few people ask how I'm feeling, etc. So I thought I might blog about it. I haven't said anything since the announcment blog so maybe I should keep you guys updated between appointments. My symptoms this time have been similar to my symptoms when pregnant with Cady, just a little more intense, and earlier.
With Cady I lost my appetite first trimester but didn't feel sick. This time I lose my appetite and just feel yucky. I haven't barfed. Just yucky and a super sensitive gag reflex.
With Cady I got heart burn, but it seemed to pick up further in the pregnancy, but I don't really remember. With this one it has hit me hard and super early.
My stomach started out super sensitive to certain foods. With Cady I could predict them, with this one I could not.
With Cady I didn't really notice a change with constipation or lack thereof. With this one I swear it takes an act of congress just to get my food to my colon. So this leaves me feeling full and bloated most of the time. Which also makes me look more pregnant than I am.
After Cady was born I felt like no matter how well I bathed or how much deodorant I wore, I still smelled like a homeless man. Of course it passed as my hormones leveled out. But this time, if I as much as take a short 1 mile walk, I can't stand myself.
And the last thing that's been bothering me is insomnia. In the beginning I just couldn't sleep. period. My brain wouldn't shut off. Then I leveled out and might wake up at 5 each morning. This morning, however, I woke up at 3 to pee and then couldn't get back to sleep. Then Cady was up at 6. So I am exhausted this afternoon. I would nap when Cady naps, but the days I actually have a chance to nap hardly EVER line up with the days Cady takes a good nap. The day I decide to lay down for a snooze is the day Cady decides she only wants to sleep an hour. And by the time she gets up I've only laid there 10-15 minutes. So naps for Mom are rare around here.
I call myself lucky because I'm not puking every day. Or at all. I just can't wait until 2 weeks (and a couple days) until my next appointment to make sure all is well and to get a due date. That's all for now.
I am sorry that you are tired. :( That is a miserable feeling! But is sounds like your body is doing what it is supposed to do! Praying for you!!! :)
ReplyDelete