Justin and I have lived in this house for almost a year. When we purchased this home we knew every single room would need painted eventually and started making plans for a couple rooms at a time. We first decided to tackle the bathrooms. The guest bath/Cady's bath was done first soon after we moved in. It went from Razorback red to a sage green. Just for the record, I would've been fine with the red. But the job was so sloppy that it needed done badly and we already had the green. It kinda ruins it that I didn't take my before pics until after we got started, but you get the picture.
 |
| Cady's Bathroom - After |
 |
| Cady's Bathroom - Before |
Well, it took us almost a year, but the master bathroom is FINALLY done. Sidenote: My dad was the one who put all the hard work into these two rooms. I do not have a steady hand for the details and he is an awesome handy man. So he was willing to tackle the jobs for us. THANK YOU DAD!!! Anywho, we had purchased all the hardware and lights with tax return months ago along with the paint. So we've had the stuff, just haven't gotten around to it. The master bathroom was, once again, very sloppy. The previous owner attempted a paint style by layering a gold on top of a horrible brown hoping to give it an effect I guess. It looked like gold foil on the walls. So anyway, I we wanted a golden or orangeish color to give it a southwest flair. The yellow I picked out was supposed to be a tad bit darker, but it came out REALLY yellow. I won't lie, it looks good. Great compared to before! But it is a bit more mustard yellow that I hoped. Hopefully I can figure out how to add pictures at the bottom of the before and after for both bathrooms. They look like a completely different house than we moved into.
 |
| Master Bath - After |
 |
| Master Bath - Before |
The next project will have to be the baby's room. But we'll probably wait until we have a gender before we pick out colors. I've said that once we're debt free (all except for the house of course) we'll do the kitchen as a reward. It needs paint, countertops, back splash, and appliances. The appliances still work, but they're original to the house and are really showing their age. The handle on the microwave just broke off last week. But it still works so far!
The fixtures in this house were still all brass and gold. So we knew off the bat that we'd need to update alot. So far all that left to update are the lights (except for the bathrooms), fans, and the dining room light along with all the interior door knobs. The only painting left is the baby room, living room, and kitchen. Cady's room will probably get painted down the road when she's old enough to decorate her room and decide how it should look. But for now it's not too bad. I just need to take some outlet covers and the smoke detector down to clean the paint off where the owner got sloppy in there as well. I swear they didn't believe in taping anything when painting. Anyway, here are the pics, hopefully. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment