Monday, October 8, 2012

Such a big girl!

So Cady has gotten to experience alot of big girl stuff lately. About a week or week and a half ago we tried a regular plastic cup at meal times. Went perfectly. At this point she's only had one major spill. And I think it was an honest mistake. Last night Justin decided it was time to take the pool noodles out of her bed so that she had no bumpers on the side. I was against the idea. But she made it through night 1 without falling out.  This morning I got brave and gave her cereal and milk in a plastic bowl. It was a major hit with minimal dribbles.

It seems that everything I *think* she's ready for but have been afraid to try, she's done beautifully at. I'm sure if I just took pull ups away for a week I'd be equally amazed. Once again, I have yet to find a week where we can get away with not leaving the house. So I've been putting that off as well. There was one afternoon last week where Cady wanted to roam the house completely naked. I let her just to see how going potty would go. For the few hours I allowed it she was about 50%, maybe a little more. So that was a huge improvement over 4 months ago. But the pee on the couch (despite) sitting on a towel and the bladder full on the carpet was more than I wanted to handle that particular day on the fly. So we put a pullup back on her. She's gotten really good about going potty before and after nap, after bath, and before bed. So no doubt she understands the science and reasoning of it all.

On the same day she decided to run around nude, Justin decided to quiz her on what he's been teaching her: reflection. On a side note he's also been teaching her "That's delicious!" at meal times. So he takes her to the bathroom mirror while she's in the nude and asked her, "What's that?" Without hesitation she said, "That's delicious!" I almost couldn't stop laughing. But I have to say, I'm glad she has a good self image. What other girl would say that about her naked self?

In two weeks, Cady will find out if she's having a brother or sister. I can't wait. Partly because, if it's a girl, I can get down the newborn clothes and play. But if it's a boy then we get to dream about completely different stuff and clothes.

Lots of changes going on. But all good changes. Justin is coming to the end of his Masters program. The entire household is glad for this. It's been a very long and challenging road. Partly because this online program seems a bit disorganized at times and also not very informative at times. But we've made it this far. Just can't wait until he gets that important piece of paper in December. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment